Looking for a new challenge?
As one of the largest employers in the region, the University Medicine Greifswald offers interesting positions in an attractive working environment for numerous professional groups.
We are looking for you!
The Institute for Community Medicine, dept. Epidemiology of Health Care and Community Health, initiated a research and development project, funded by the state government of Mecklenburg-West Pomerania, to analyze typical challenges and to secure regional health care in rural areas in Mecklenburg-West Pomerania. In this project, focus regions with specific healthcare needs are identified. Innovative healthcare concepts will be developed and implemented in cooperation with regional and local players. In order to strengthen research, teaching, and translation in this field we are looking for a:
Postdoc in Health Services Research (f/m)
full time (100%)
This is a fixed-term position until 31.12.2021. (according to the German part-time and temporary employment law).
Fields of Activity:
- Support of strategic development of the research area „innovative healthcare concepts and regional healthcare“
- Independent development of project designs, especially interventional studies including planning, management and coordination
- Implementation of field studies
- Coordination of human resources and finances of third-party funded projects
- Planning and holding of academic lectures
- Advising PhD students and supervising academic theses
- Writing research proposals as well as initiating and leading a research group in the future
- Writing scientific papers for national and international journals
- Further academic qualification (habilitation)
- A medical degree or a degree in health services research, biomathematics, psychology, geography, health management or in another related academic field
- A doctorate degree
- Very good command of methodics in health services research or epidemiology
- Experience in applying for, carrying out, analyzing and publishing research projects
- Experience in team building and human resources management
- Good knowledge of the English language
We are looking for an open-minded and energetic person willing to take on a challenging position, to work independently and in teams. Working in our interdisciplinary team will offer the opportunity to do scientific work independently and to promote your own scientific development.
Should you have any questions regarding the application please contact Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Hoffmann, MPH (firstname.lastname@example.org, office: 03834-867750).
- Systematic and broad coaching and training period for new employees
- An inspiring scientific environment
- Further scientific qualification
- Salary according to qualification and experience corresponding to wage scale TV-UMN (Science)
- A company pension plan
- Support in finding childcare or schools as well as accommodation by our service office "PFIFF". Support in reconciling work and family life is part of our policy
Handicapped applicants with equal qualifications will be given special consideration. Please note that we cannot reimburse any travel or accommodation expenses. Please submit copies only. Documents cannot be sent back.
Please send your application including the usual documents together with a publication list – stating the reference number 17/Dr/107 – via e-mail till 17.11.2017 to: